Eight Easy Ways to Improve Your Quality of Life at Home
- Light Palo Santo in the morning. Palo Santo is a South American aromatic wood used for healing and in sacred rituals. The aroma is believed to relieve stress and anxiety, recharge energy, uplift mood, clear negative energy, and more. I like to keep mine in a pretty bowl on my coffee table, next to my sage.
- Burn candles. Different scents can evoke different emotions, so you can choose a candle based on how you’d like to feel on a daily basis. For example, lavender can relieve headaches, jasmine can boost optimism, and citrus can energize. I love to invest in beautiful candles that also serve as decor. Take a look at this post on my favorite luxe candles for the home.
- Spritz your bedsheets with lavender spray before bed. This simple, easy hack can help you relax and get to sleep quicker!
- Take eucalyptus showers. Hanging fresh eucalyptus in your shower instantly makes you feel like you’re at the spa, every day. Here is a post about how to do so and why you should try! Added tip: buy extra eucalyptus and make an arrangement for your living room, it smells incredible and lasts a long time.
- Invest in luxury linens and textures for your home. There is nothing better than getting into super comfortable bedsheets after a long day, or cozying up on the couch on a rainy day with a buttery soft cashmere blanket.
- Take time to plate your meals beautifully. It may seem silly, but presentation makes a huge difference when enjoying a meal. I love to get inspiration on plating meals on Pinterest. While you’re at it, why not go the extra mile and get the beautiful plates and flatware to make every night feel like a fine dining experience? I personally have recently been loving gold flatware and crystal glasses.
- Play music at home. Oftentimes, music is overlooked at home, perhaps only remembered in the car. I love playing music at home, and have speakers in almost every room.
- Fresh flowers. Always having an arrangement of fresh flowers in your home instantly makes you feel like you’re in a luxe hotel or spa. I like to get fresh flowers from Trader Joe’s every week, or the local farmers market. Both Trader Joe’s and the farmers markets usually have really affordable options and a good rotation of whatever is in season!