About Joyce Rey
About Joyce Rey
Very few real estate professionals can match Joyce Rey when it comes to accolades, career sales, or sheer skill.
A record-breaking, award-winning realtor, Joyce's portfolio includes some of the most prominent and expensive properties in Beverly Hills and beyond, such as Owlwood, Pickfair, La Belvedere, Green Acres, and the Chartwell Estate.
With over $6 billion in career sales under her belt, local and international publications have branded Joyce "The Grande Dame of Real Estate," "Billionaire's Broker," and "The First Lady of Luxury Real Estate." She has worked with numerous Fortune 500 and celebrity clients, including Sonny and Cher, Lionel Richie, and Taylor Swift.
At the core of Joyce’s success is her caring and hardworking attitude, which manifests across several facets of her professional and personal life. Aside from her pioneering work in real estate, she is also known for supporting a wide range of philanthropic causes and community building initiatives. Joyce is a consistent advocate of women's empowerment, children's welfare, and affordable housing for low-income communities.
A highly sought-after luxury realtor with in-depth knowledge of the Beverly Hills and Los Angeles markets, Joyce's steady hand and top-notch expertise ensure the best outcomes for her valued clients.
Background & Notable AchievementsThe early years
Joyce Rey began her real estate journey in 1974. Just roughly a year into her career, she struck success almost immediately when she sold her first luxury home to the late heiress Christina Onassis, the only daughter of Greek shipping magnate Aristotle Onassis. She joined the ranks of Coldwell Banker Global Luxury in 1975.
Two years after her first big sale, one of Joyce’s biggest career highlights happened: she helped legendary acting teacher Lee Strasberg purchase a beautiful home in Brentwood. After that, Joyce's real estate career skyrocketed. Her reputation for hands-on service, acute negotiation skills, and calm demeanor began to take shape.
She was behind the massive deals to sell the Owlwood and Pickfair estates on multiple occasions during the 1970s. One of the many owners of Owlwood was famed music duo Sonny and Cher. When she sold the Owlwood estates for $4.2 million in 1978, it was a record-breaking selling price at the time. Pickfair was sold in 1979 to the late owner of the Los Angeles Lakers NBA team, Jerry Buss.
Coming off a string of incredible achievements, Joyce Rey took an offer from prominent Beverly Hills realtor, Harleigh Sandler, to form Rodeo Realty in 1979. It is widely considered to be the first company in the US to specialize exclusively in multimillion dollar homes.
Since then, Joyce hasn't looked back. She has continued to shatter sales records while representing numerous A-listers and high profile clients — eventually becoming one of the most prolific and in-demand luxury realtors in Los Angeles.
Joyce Rey Today
It’s been about four decades since Joyce started her career, yet her ability to deliver outstanding results has remained consistent.
In 2010, Joyce sold the lavish Le Belvedere estate, developed by Mohamed Hadid, for $50 million. It was the most expensive residential property sale in the US at the time. She sold the iconic Bel Air mansion yet again in 2018 for $56 million.
In 2019, Joyce set another record for selling the 10-acre Chartwell Estate in Bel-Air for about $150 million. It was formerly owned by media billionaire and philanthropist, Jerry Perenchio.
Joyce’s pioneering approach in the luxury marketplace, plus her knack for bringing success to her clients, has garnered her a plethora of awards and recognitions:
- The Los Angeles Board of Realtors bestowed her with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Los Angeles Business Journal designated her as one of "The Los Angeles 500 Most Influential People."
- The Hollywood Reporter included her in the list of Top 25 Hollywood Realtors in 2018.
- Real Estate Executive Magazine recognized her as one of the 100 Most Influential Real Estate Agents in Southern California.
- Included in Los Angeles Magazine’s list of Real Estate All-Stars
- Named one of Variety’s Showbiz Real Estate Elite
- Awarded Best Video, Honorable Mention in RealTrend’s 2021 Website Rankings
- Horizon Interactive Awards Gold Winner for Best Real Estate Website
- Included in Los Angeles Business Journal’s The List: Residential Real Estate Agents
- Featured in The Hollywood Reporter’s list of the Top 30 Agents in Hollywood
- Included in The Wall Street Journal’s REAL Trends “The Thousand” by sales volume
- #1 Large Real Estate Team for Coldwell Banker Global Luxury in Los Angeles County
- Included in Los Angeles Business Journal’s list of “Who’s Brokering Los Angeles – Residential Real Estate All-Stars”
- Variety Top Real Estate Broker for the 4th Year
- Ranked #1 Real Estate Team in Los Angeles County, Coldwell Banker for 2019
- Ranked #3 Real Estate Team in the US by sales volume by The Wall Street Journal’s “Real Trends”
- Awarded Top Advertiser of the Year by the MLS
- Inman news names Joyce Rey to Golden I Hall of Fame for luxury real estate nationwide
- Los Angeles Magazine Top Real Estate Professionals
- Variety Elite Top Real Estate Brokers for the 3rd Year
- #1 in Coldwell Banker Large Teams in the Greater Los Angeles area
- Closed 2 of the top 10 sales for the year in the entire Westside region
- The Hollywood Reporter Hollywood’s Top Real Estate Agents
- Ranked #2 in Property Spark List of Top 20 LA Real Estate Agents on Social Media
- Wall Street Journal “The Thousand” list of top real estate agents in the US for the 2nd year
- Los Angeles Business Journal Top Residential Real Estate Agents - #24
- Top Real Estate Influencer by Fit Small Business
- Los Angeles Business Journal The Los Angeles 500: The Most Influential People in LA County for the 2nd Year
- Haute Living Magazine Top 10 Real Estate Power Players in L.A.
- The Real Deal Los Angeles Top 20 Top Luxury Brokers in L.A.
- Variety Elite Top Real Estate Brokers for the 2nd Year
- 100 Most Influential Real Estate Agents in Southern California for the 2nd Year
- Ranked #9 Best Brokerage and REALTOR® Websites
- Ranked #4 Large Team Nationally
- Ranked #4 Nationally in Rental Income for Large Teams
- Los Angeles Business Journal – The Los Angeles 500: The Most Influential People in Los Angeles
- Real Estate Executive Magazine 100 Most Influential Real Estate Agents in Southern California
- The Hollywood Reporter – Top 25 Hollywood Real Estate Agents for 2016
- Variety Showbiz Real Estate Elite, Top 10 Teams in the Nation
- Highest Sale Ever in the Beverly Hills Flats
- Highest Price Sale in the Pacific Palisades
- Haute Living “100 Most Influential People”
- Nominated for Will Rogers Award for the “Real Estate Lifetime Achievement”
- “Hollywood’s Top 25 Real Estate Agents” in The Hollywood Reporter
- Haute Living Most Influential Angeleno
- Closed the highest sales in Beverly Hills, Bel Air & Sunset Strip
- Haute Living 2010 Power Player, 100 Most Influential Angelenos
- #1 Team on the West Coast, ELLE Magazine, October 2012
- Hollywood Reporter’s “Power List”
- Named “Billionaire’s Broker”
- #1 in the World for Coldwell Banker®, June 2011
- Honored by LuxuryRealEstate.com with an unprecedented three awards
- Closed the Highest Land Sale for the year in Beverly Hills & the highest sale ever in Brentwood
- Ranked in the Top 5 Teams in the Nation for Coldwell Banker
- Closed the Highest Land Sale Ever on the Westside
- Closed the Highest Residential Sale in the U.S. for 2010
- Wall Street Journal 2009 Top Real Estate Teams
- The National Women’s Political Committee’s “Miss October” in their 2008 calendar of remarkable women
- Awarded The American Cancer Society’s “Spirit of Life” award at the 2008 annual garden gala event
- Received Unique Homes magazine’s Award for Excellence and selected as one of the 35 most influential people in real estate in 2006
- Closed the highest sale in the history of Ojai Valley, 2006
- Consistent member of the Society of Excellence, Coldwell Banker’s highest honor
- Represented both buyer and seller in the highest sale in a decade in Beverly Hills, 2001
- Participated in the highest sale in the history of Hope Ranch, Santa Barbara, 1998
Why Clients Love
Working With Joyce Rey
Joyce values constant innovation. It's the reason why she has remained at the top throughout her decades-spanning career with nearly $6 billion in career sales.
Incorporating the latest technologies available, she has since adapted her prowess for one-on-one personal service to social media platforms like Instagram where she has over 109,000 followers.
Her attention to detail is unmatched. With Joyce by your side, expect every detail of the transaction to be taken care of.
Joyce believes in honor and integrity. Her code of ethics is one of the main reasons why she has risen to become a legend in international luxury real estate. Joyce is dedicated to doing what is right for her clients and respects everyone she works with.
Her expertise in international luxury real estate is unparalleled. Joyce and her team can meet the demands of a wide variety of clients. Furthermore, Joyce is committed to passing on her skills and knowledge to a new generation of high-caliber professionals.
Cementing her lofty status in international luxury real estate has only strengthened Joyce's passion for giving back. For decades she has been championing various philanthropic causes and local community initiatives. Joyce always finds the time to give back to the community she's a part of and uplift those who have been marginalized.
Joyce currently co-chairs the Southern California Executive Board for UNICEF USA, plus serves as a member of both the Coldwell Banker Community Foundation Board and the Los Angeles Library Foundation Advisory Board. She is also an active participant in the Women Presidents' Organization and the Trusteeship of the International Women's Forum.
Joyce has also done charitable work for St. Joseph's Center for the Homeless, Children Uniting Nations, and The Blue Ribbon (women's support organization of The Music Center). For her philanthropic work, Joyce has been honored by the National Women's Political Committee, American Cancer Society, and Anti-Defamation League.
with Joyce Rey and her team
Throughout her long career, Joyce has seen the market go through numerous ups and downs. From the high inflation rates of the 70s and 80s to the mortgage crisis and now the COVID-19 pandemic, she has seen it all. And in the face of all that, Joyce continues to exceed expectations.
If you are looking for an experienced professional who has successfully handled the biggest transactions in US real estate history, Joyce Rey is the natural choice.
Connect with Joyce Rey by phone 310.285.7529 or by email at Joyce(at)JoyceRey(dotted)com.Contact Joyce Rey