I receive this interesting little newsletter each month about Los Angeles Escrow dealings and found these top tips to completing a timely escrow very helpful and wanted to share with you since I know many of you are in real estate as well.
Top 10 reasons for pulled recordings:
● Sloppy handwriting on the document.
● Used black ink instead of blue.
● Tax Rate Area/APN numbers aren’t on the deeds.
● No return address!
● Didn’t set up the files for recording ahead of time, delaying the actual recording.
● Incorrect document stamps and names on grant deed
● Transfer tax affidavit incomplete.
● Illegible Notary seals
● Ink on documents is too light to scan
● Distorted documents have faded lines